Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waiting

Waiting...was not one of my strong points. Being impatient was more like it. However, when it comes to being angry-we need to wait. In Psalm 4:4, "Be angry and do no sin; on your bed, reflect in your heart and be still"-wait before you respond in anger. This is a hard thing to do-but it CAN be done.

The natural reaction to being hurt by a comment or by what someone has done to us- is reacting back in anger. that situation becomes escalated and words are exchanged and damaged has progressed. Friendships are broken and sometimes do not survive a mending process. That's why its so important to wait,to cool off, and to think through the reaction.

When someone has hurt you by a reaction or in conversation or even by an action,we need to cool off before responding. Anger is a natural emotion-but its our reaction that could be negative or positive.

Prayer in the moment can help to calm us down. Wait to react and talk calmly to resolve the situation.
I know its hard- I have an Irish heritage temper...but I have seen by example and God tells us not to sin in our anger. We can do it!


Information based from the daily devotional for women from Journey.

1 comment:

Vonda Skelton said...

Hi Pamela! Glad to see you're blogging! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The only problem is, I could sit here and do this all day--and get NOTHING done!

Blessings, my friend...
Vonda
www.VondaSkelton.com

Daily Bible Verse