Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Flashback...

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

This is from todays' bible verse.. and it hit me like a mack truck. Delight-
meaning- enjoyment; joy; rapture: YOURSELF (us) ; in the Lord and he will give-(meaning-
to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation) the desires-(meaning-A wish or longing) of your heart.

I was married-now I 'm not. I thought I was happy. I wasn't happy without God totally in my life . I wasn't happy without my family in my life. I remember calling upon God one evening-in the car. Crying out to him, Why am I here? If I don't make everyone happy-what am I doing here?
About a year and half later-things changed. God allowed me to be removed from an unhealthy marriage. A marriage where HE wasn't the focus. Yes it hurt. It hurt a lot! I didn't want to face it-I didn't want it to happen,but it did.
My Father God-carried me-I felt his presence several times through the experience. No one knows like He does. No one Heals like He can.


I still want to find my some-one-special and maybe have kids. I have to ask- is it His Will. Then Psalms 37:4 reminds me to delight myself in the Lord. The Lord won't ever leave,judge,or accuse me. My Father will always love me no matter what. I seek Him. I know Him more-He knows the desires of my heart and He can make it happen. He will give-without expecting compensation. He has already given His life for me. I should be content.

I'm a child of the King.


Remember to keep Psalm 37:4 close to your heart-

Have a beautiful delight in the Lord....He knows you!

1 comment:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come again soon.

Daily Bible Verse