Friday, September 26, 2008

Innocent Treasure

Seriously can you think of the time in your life when you wanted to grow up-so you could stay up later? Or do what you wanted to? How is that working out for you now? For me-it's not going the way i thought it would-being 'grown-up' or somewhat in that category-now. I still look at myself as a kid at times. I am the same height i was in the last three years in high school,the same facial expressions,the same laugh,the same tears,the same parents, and the same yearbooks. The one thing that i do know is that my family has changed-its bigger! My cousins have kids and we are still close as a family. I love each and everyone of them-it's hard for me to accept that I am in the grown-up category. However, my thoughts are not like what they were as a teenager-my focused has changed. That doesn't mean that I don't remember those thoughts, feelings,or confusion. I remember writing since I was around eleven years old-I kept a journal throughout high school. I can close my eyes and see my memory of events and how it effected me. I hope that I can be a positive example for all of my cousins and their children. I also hope that they realize that know matter what their family loves them-unconditionally. As the seasons change and the holidays are approaching again-I look forward to a family celebration-together of Christ's Birth.

No comments:

Daily Bible Verse